17 Oct How to stay safe online
October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month, a national campaign to generate awareness on how to protect yourself from online scams. Cyber criminals try to trick users into giving up personal information, tamper with their devices, and can even steal their identities. When cyber attackers are successful, victims can find themselves in a situation where they lose money, are locked out of accounts, or worse.
This October, learn how to stay safe online and protect yourself from possible cyber attacks with these resources from ABC Life Literacy Canada.
- Website safety checklist: This resource helps you identify if a website is safe to visit.
- Creating strong passwords: Learn how to create a strong password to keep your personal information safe online.
- Staying safe online with secure websites: Learn how to tell if a website is secure and if it will keep your personal information safe.
- What is phishing? Learn more about phishing, the tactic that cyber criminals use with e-mail, phone calls or text messages to try to steal your money and your personal information.
- Online safety and romance scams: Romance scams are sadly common. Learn how to identify a scam and protect yourself.