The Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life Literacy Innovation Award honours innovation in the creation and delivery (or in the development, implementation and delivery) of adult literacy or adult-integrated family literacy programs delivered by a community organization in Canada. The adult-focused literacy program makes a positive contribution to the lives of the participants as well as the community and could serve as a model for other organizations to adapt.
There is one (1) top award of $20,000 and up to four (4) honourable mention awards in the amount of $5,000 each. The awards as granted can be invested into the program and/or applied to operating funds.
How To Apply:
Thank you for your interest in The Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life Literacy Innovation Award! Please access the 2017 application packages and newly revised Frequently Asked Questions in English and French below.
How to use this application form:
• Save the file on your computer as you work as “LIA2017application_YourOrganizationName”.
• Complete the highlighted sections. Note: you must work within the space allotted. The form will not accept additional text.
• Except for the Canadian Charitable Registration Number field (applicable only to charitable organizations), you must complete all fields.
Questions or comments about the application? Please email Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org. Allison will do her best to get back to you within two business days.
Please submit your application by email to Allison Nichol Longtin at email@example.com. Each submission must include the following attachments:
• Your completed application
• Two (2) letters of recommendation or impact statements from either a board member, colleague in the literacy field involved with the program, or an adult learner enrolled in the program
2017 Submission Period:
April 3, 2017: submission period opens
June 5, 2017: submission due by 5:00PM EDT
July 31, 2017: winners notified
About Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life
Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life have been major supporters of ABC Life Literacy Canada since 1999. Through their involvement with ABC Life Literacy Canada and other national literacy programs across the country, the companies are helping promote literacy and lifelong learning – key needs in helping many Canadians realize their potential at work, at home and in the community.
As an Imagine Caring Company, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life donate a minimum of one per cent of average pre-tax profits to non-profit, charitable and community organizations each year. Through their national corporate citizenship program, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life work with these organizations to build stronger communities together and achieve lasting change.