ABC Life Literacy Canada is encouraging Canadian families to have "15 Minutes of Fun" learning together. Learning can happen at any time. Practicing literacy together every day has tremendous benefits for both children and parents. Here are some great ways to get started:
- Write a joke book with your family.
- Read a bedtime story to the grown-up putting you to bed.
- Make up a new recipe together and post it online.
- Tell knock-knock jokes together while doing the dishes.
- Organize a book swap at your school.
- Make up riddles and tell them to your friends.
- Create a family book club.
- Build a drum with your family.
- Surf the Internet and learn about your favourite animal.
- Make up a song about your day to sing to your family at dinnertime.
- Write messages to your family on sticky notes and post them around the house.
- Create a story about what you’ll be doing for Family Literacy Day.
- Play a board game together.
- Build an acrostic poem using your hero’s name.
- Make an origami boat and see if it will float.
Visit the HSBC Learning Activity Centre for more fun literacy activities you can complete as a family!
Share on Facebook